Terms & Conditions (or things to know before you book)
- Farm Map https://dernwoodfarm.co.uk/farm-map/
- This is a family friendly site. The whole point of visiting us is to enjoy the natural peace and quiet of the farm and woodland. So, no electronic music or lots of noise after midnight! If this is not respected, you will be asked to leave.
- This means that if your idea of fun is drunken rowdy nights then please go somewhere else. There are plenty of camp sites who welcome the partying groups. We do not.
- Parents also please be aware of your fellow campers early in the morning and ask your children be be respectful of others’ desire to sleep late!
- The wild camping field is about 400M through the woods from the car park. We do provide trolleys to help you get your gear to the field, but remember whatever you bring you will have to carry. The bell tents are located in the woods on the closest side of the camping field and the safari tent is a 3 minute walk from the car park, with The Cabin , Shepherd’s Hut & Wagon shortly after that.
- Whilst of course there’s no obligation to buy any of our farm produce, if you want a fire you’ll need to buy wood. We have nets of logs and bags of kindling to buy at the shop. No foraging for wood is allowed. The fallen and dead wood provides vital habitats for all kinds of animals and should be left alone. Bell tents and safari tents have a starter pack of logs supplied, and are included in the price.
- Your booking is only confirmed once you have received your confirmation email.
- A booking of 2 nights is required over weekends, and 3 nights over bank holiday weekends. Glamping is booked in 3 night weekend breaks or 4 night midweek breaks. We can be flexible with midweek breaks outside our busy times of school holidays and bank holidays.
- If we are not fully booked for wild camping the Monday preceding the weekend the we will allow Saturday nights only. Please email email@example.com.
- We do have recycling facilities, but please, please discard ALL unnecessary packaging before you come.
- Dogs are welcome but please keep them under control, on a lead if necessary. We do not accept any breed banned under the Dangerous Dog Act. If you bring any dog deemed dangerous, antisocial or in any way threatening you will be immediately asked to leave. Please clean up after your dog, and do not allow it to run freely around the field or woodland.
- The farm fields and woodland are natural, wild areas. By making a booking with us, you accept that we (Dernwood Farm LLP) cannot be held liable for any accident or injury sustained during your stay.
- Dernwood Farm LLP is not liable for refunds or expenses you incur in the event they are prevented from fulfilling your Booking as a result of circumstances beyond their control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). We recommend that you have adequate holiday insurance in place to cover this.
Cancellation policy – more than 1 month before you are due to stay we will refund you in full, up to 14 days 50% , 7 days or less no refund.
- For Bell Tent and Safari tent bookings, you must ensure you have read & understood all instructions provided in your tents before using equipment. Dernwood Farm cannot be held liable for any injury sustained whilst using equipment incorrectly or inappropriately.