** The Encampment is now fully booked for all weekends and the whole of the Summer holidays ***
The Encampment is an area in the woodland around a fenced natural pond. The area has been coppiced, and three beautiful camping pitches have been created. Each one is large enough to pitch the largest of family tents with space for a pop-up too. They have have their own fire pit, ringed by wooden seats, and if you book all three pitches you will have this beautiful area all to yourselves. The Encampment has its own tree bog loo and covered washing up area.
You will be immersed in the woodland, able to reconnect with nature, unplug from technology and find refuge from urban existence and everyday life. As one recent Tripadvisor reviewer put it – “re-wilding the children at Dernwood”, I couldn’t have put it better myself!
You can check availability by going to the booking page for wild camping and putting your required dates in. If The Encampment pitches come up then they are available. If they do not that means they are already booked. To have the whole area to yourself you would need to book all three Sycamore, Holly and Hazel – (west to east or left to right) so you’d need to put in that you require 3 pitches. All the normal rules around sound still apply in this area.
Please note the fence is a deterrent rather than a barrier.
Stuff You Need To Know
- Car free tent only site – 10 minute walk (400M) from car park to field. Farm map https://dernwoodfarm.co.uk/farm-map/
- No electronic music, guitars are fine
- No rowdy or antisocial behaviour – we are not the fun police at all – but please be respectful to others
- Dog friendly, but kept under control please!
- Please click here for a full list of important site information – Things to Know before you book
- Prices are £15 for adults, £7.50 for children 5 & over (min charge £25)
- Check in from 2pm, shop & reception are not always manned, if we are closed there are instructions and maps by the door.
Please note for bank holiday bookings you need to select 3 nights, starting on a Friday.
If our booking system has you confused please call me 01435 812726 or email email@example.com to discuss your requirements.